Here in SoCal, the weather’s been in the 80s for about a week now, which is just bizarre to someone used to New York winters. But for the rest of you who are shivering right now, here’s a chili recipe I found on Huy Fong’s Web site. Simple and delicious:
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 1 package of chili seasoning mix
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 16 oz. can of whole tomatoes, cut-up
* 1 16 oz. can of kidney beans, drained (optional)
* 1 Tbsp. (or more) of Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Chili Sauce
1. In Dutch oven, brown ground beef and drain.
2. Stir in chili seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, beans and Sriracha Chili Sauce
3. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
*Serving suggestion: Garnish with chopped red pepper and scallions, if desired.
The Sexy Geek’s suggestions:
- Definitely do not consider the beans optional — they’re what fills you up.
- Buy organic, grass-fed ground beef. It’s better for you, and not to mention for the cows. May cost a little bit more, but you’ll probably get several meals out of this pot of chili, so it’s worth it.
- Make sure your chili seasoning doesn’t have MSG or sugar or anything else nasty in it
- Add lots of Sriracha sauce!
I’ll make some later and upload a picture.
Update: Here’s a picture. I added an extra can of beans because I felt that the meat-to-bean ratio was too high.